Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The First Tooth Fairy Visit

Hoss lost his first tooth on Monday. He was eating an apple and it pretty much came out then. He was torn between laughing with excitement and eagerness at the idea of the tooth fairy along with fear that it would hurt to actually get the tooth all the way out. So I just had him open his mouth and told him that I didn't think it would hurt at all for it to come out. And during that time I was able to pull the last little bit to get it, Hoss didn't even realize I had it until I showed it to him in my hand.

He was even more excited the next morning when he found some money under his pillow. Now if I can just come up with a good reason for the tooth fairy to keep his tooth maybe he'll stop asking me why she kept it. Here he is in all his toothless glory.

12 comments:

Neen said...

Aww my daughter just recently lost her first tooth too,now another is loose. I can't help but smile and laugh a little when I see little ones with missing teeth in their smiles.

Anonymous said...

AWWW there is nothing like losing that first tooth! He is too cute with his missing tooth. Hope he enjoyed having a visit from the tooth fairy.

Anonymous said...

What a milestone! I bet he was thrilled. I dread this happening because then I will have to realize he is a big boy. I know it won't be long!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my daughter just lost her's too!

Great smile. I hope the toothfairy was good to him too.

Beth Cotell said...

I read a book recently about the tooth fairy and she keeps the teeth to build her castle. In the picture in the book, the teeth were like little white polished stones and she had a giant castle that glistened.

You might run that one by your son and see if he buys it!

Cathy said...

He's too cute!

Don Mills Diva said...

Look at him - so proud of himself! Can't wait til I can play tooth fairy.

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend said he was told that the tooth fairy house is made of teeth.

Heather said...

Congrats!!! :) Such a milestone!!

lmstephenson said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie!

Lynn

Kellan said...

WOO HOO for the tooth fairy!! Adorable picture - isn't he the cutest toothless thing!! Alexis is on her 4th lost tooth - they just love the ideal of a tooth fairy, don't they? See you later. Kellan

Ritsumei said...

I had heard the castle of teeth thing too - but taking the tooth also keeps any greedy kids from putting it under the pillow twice, LOL!