Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Things

It's a new year now. And hopefully our family will be as blessed by the coming year as they were the past year. The kids are a bit older, things are getting a bit easier at times and harder at times. We are constantly busy and on the go. I don't see that changing in the near future. I'm excited about the new year and what it will bring for us as a family.

For those that know us in real life, you know Hubs job has not been the most stable of things ever since the Telecom bust a few years ago. That continues to be the case now, only much more shaky. So shaky in fact, that I am going to be starting a new job next week. Something that will give us a reliable paycheck and benefits in the event that something does happen to his job. I am so torn about this. It's something that needs to be done for our family and I don't begrudge that one bit. I will miss the life of a SAHM I've had for the last five years. I am luckier than most in that I have been able to do this while my children were little. And while I know this in my head, it's taking my heart a bit to catch up is all.

I'm going back to the financial auditing world from which I left a few years back. I'm fortunate that this time my commute will only be to the town south of the lake so I will not have much more than a half hour commute. If things work out the way we are hoping, then Hubs will keep his job and my salary will go to savings and paying off that pesky thing called a mortgage. We will hopefully be able to evaluate things better once we know more about his job situation.

So things around our house are going to be changing a bit. But with time we should hopefully all adjust and be back in a new routine before long. So here's to a new year and new things and to many more blessings to come.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I hope the transition to the new normal goes well for your family. Job uncertainty is so frustrating and stressful. I'll be praying for you as you surrender your wants to what is best for the whole family right now.

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you are in uncertain times, but it sounds like you are moving forward with a great plan. I will pray that 2010 will be full of blessings for you!