Monday, November 19, 2007

Some things never change

Hubs and I were laughing on the drive home from church yesterday. Why? Because it became obvious to me that some things just never change. Back in the day, when we were young we would get our high school yearbooks. And we would spend the next few hours pouring over all the pictures in them. Trying to find all our friends and anything else that would matter. Then we would spend the next few weeks trading the yearbooks with our friends so that they could sign them.

So why did this trip down memory yearbook lane happen. Well it's because we got our new church pictorial directory. So on the drive home I started to flip through it and look at pictures. I'd say to Hubs, "hey look here is so and so, what a cute picture" or "hey look this is the funniest expression I've ever seen a baby make" to which Hubs would just look at me with this strange expression. That was until I showed him our pictures. It's the same picture we have at home but for some reason it looks much worse in the directory next to all the "cute" pictures. He just shook his head and said great another cue ball pictures of me (he shaves his head bald by the way). Then he goes on to say that our oldest son Z. has the cheesiest grin ever to which I have to agree. He also needed a haircut really bad. Bad planning on my part when we took the picture. But we rescheduled it so many times it was a wonder we even got it done.

So we got to talking about how similar our church directory was to a yearbook. It's a really bad picture of us for everyone to see and keep for as long as they have the directory. So anytime anyone needs to put a face with our name they are bound to go "oh my" when they find us. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way but in our case it truly is true. The only difference between the two is that this time I'm not going to get my friends to sign it for me and tell me to "Stay Cool and Never Change" because let's face it, after looking at that picture that is exactly what they are going to be wishing I would do...change, seek help, something please.

So yep, some things do never change. Bad pictures in driver's license, yearbooks and church directories are pretty much a guarantee in our household.

3 comments:

Kellan said...

In ours too! We have a few really good family pictures together - but I swear - I can't take a descent picture and my husband never seems to smile. Cute post - see you later. Kellan

Anonymous said...

So funny! In our directory picture from 3 years ago, my son was crying. We just had it done a few weeks ago, and this time my daughter was crying. Oh well! Maybe next time!

nicole said...

I finally looked through ours, and you guys look fine! Of course we are never happy with our own pictures, but yours really is nice. :)