Friday, January 4, 2008

My Commando Girl

I have a daughter who surprised me the other morning. I won't name names but it's the only daughter I have who still wears diapers. At least she was wearing one when I put her to bed the other night. When I heard her stirring in the morning I went in to get her and my sweet girl had gone commando on me. She had pulled down her pj pants and somehow removed her diaper. Then she slept that way all night long. And it was cold that night, my poor baby must have froze her bottom off. When I went in to get my commando girl there was a big wet spot in the middle of her crib sheet. At this point I was just glad it was only wet and nothing more. She was so proud of herself, I could see it in her eyes. So I scooped her up and redressed her in all the appropriate attire, then I changed her sheet. I hope I never wake up to that kind of surprise again. I mean I am all for losing the diaper but not really in that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness there wasn't anything else in there! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I remember those commando days all to well. Thank goodness she didn't leave you any other surprises. Looks like she's growing up!

Heather said...

yea that is always such a task to change everything after an accident. But way to go! Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon