Thursday, January 3, 2008

To Paint or not To Paint

that is the question. Right now Hubs and I are trying to decide if we want to paint. When we bought our home six years ago we painted it completely on the inside. I just picked a neutral beige color and away we went with the paintbrush. Now we are thinking it's time to paint again. The decision is now do we change the color? I have always loved this color we currently have but Hubs hasn't really cared to much for it. He likes a lighter color (read into that white) while I prefer it darker. So now have to pick a color we can both agree on. And you would think it would be easy but it's not. Then I get to thinking, what about adding some new color. It would be easy enough to do but then if I don't like it then poor Hubs has to paint again and I'm sure he won't like that. As you can tell I am no Martha Stewart. So I guess I am going to be spending alot of time in the paint section getting lots of those paper things with paint colors on them.

Wish me luck as I try and make up my mind. Just think, none of this would have even been an issue if we hadn't gotten a new TV and opened up an entire wall in the family room. It just suddenly looked like it needed some new paint. Funny how one simple change can cause so much additional work. But at least I can blame that part on Hubs. I was after all completely happy with the previous setup until he went and changed it. Now it's going to cost him some serious elbow grease.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Don't be afraid of color!! I used to be but now I have nothing but awesome colors in my house. It adds so much to your house making it feel more like a home!! You could even paint one main wall a different color from the rest! Be creative and have fun!