Sunday, October 31, 2010

Does this make me a Shredhead?

I bought the 30 Day Shred months ago and never got around to doing it. Finally I decided to get off my arse and get with the program. I really didn't have any grand visions of losing the 20 pounds she claimed we could lose up to (although I would of course be very excited about that if it happened). Instead I was hoping to get a bit more energy and get a bit more motivated to start regular exercise again. So when a friend on Facebook mentioned she was starting it, I jumped into it with her.

I have to say, waking up at 5 am is not my favorite thing. Actually, it's got to be one of my least favourite things. But since it was the only time I could guarantee to have the time every single day I did it. And I can't believe I'm going to say it, but I got used to it and it's not that bad after all. I started it at the beginning of Oct and did it every single day (except for one) even on weekends. And that's not fun. But today marked my day 30 of the Shred. So I thought I would share a bit of my Shred results here with you. In case you care, and if you don't that's okay too. I had heard that I should really take measurements in order to see the results even if you don't lose weight and I'm glad I did. Otherwise I would be a bit discouraged I'm sure. Sorry no pictures here, I'm not that bold just yet.

So here are my 30 Day Shred results:

Weight: nothing spectacular, I wavered between gaining and losing the same 3 pounds all month long.

Hips: Lost 2.75 inches
Thighs: Lost .75 inch
Arms: Lost .75 inch
Belly: Lost 3.25 inches
Bust: Lost 2.5 inches
Waist: Lost 1.5 inches

So that means that I lost a grand total of 11 1/2 inches lost. I'll take it. I'm definitely stronger than I was when I started. I can do push ups now where I couldn't before and I do have more energy. I even had muscles in my arms now (I showed them to Hubs just the same way my A. shows him her muscles and he saw them) So I will continue on doing it for a bit more and add in some other videos as well. I am thinking it's about time I finally get around to using that couch potato to 5k program I downloaded a few months back. Better late than never, right?

No comments: