Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010


I have to at least put up a picture of my kiddos in all their glory. Since I've been so busy with all the busy scheduling of 3 kids and 4 teams. Z. decided to forgo the dressing up this year and instead stay home, pass out candy and watch the Rangers and Giants play in the World Series. So that left me with the three younger ones. We had Hoss being a zombie of sorts (not sure exactly but it was the grossest thing he could find). K. decided that she had to be a lady bug. I was hesitant at first because with that kind of costume you are guaranteed to have a chilly night so be forced to wear of jacket and cover it up. But it stayed warm so she got to wear it just as it was meant. Then we had A., who at 4, enjoyed it more than anyone. She was a mermaid of course. It's what she's been planning on since August so I was glad for her.

Since we didn't have Z. with us, I was able to keep our trick or treating to about an hour and we didn't have to go to the Nightingale house of carnage. So with A. leading the way we hit as many houses as we could. Grandmama came with us and laughed at Hoss and K. remembering dad's strategy from the year before. Zig zag back and forth across the streets so you don't have to back track this way you hit the maximum number of houses in the shortest times. Funny what things kids remember but I'm not really surprised, anything to get more candy. A. soon picked it up and was going full force. We came home with three very heavy bags of candy which were immediately Dad and Pappy taxed which meant that all the Butterfingers and some Hershey bars were soon confiscated. Funny but I don't remember them out walking the neighborhood. I'm thinking that was a definite case of taxation without representation going on there. But since the kids were to busy bouncing off the wall on a sugar high, they didn't notice and everything was fine.

No comments: