Monday, January 29, 2007

A Day Without a Car

Do you remember what it was like before you had a license and car to drive? Well today I am without my car since for some reason it refuses to start again. (At least this time it was parked in the driveway instead of at the store like last time) Obviously I am a bit annoyed with the whole situation. Mainly since I actually had things that I needed to get done before tomorrow and now will be out driving around late tonight after my husband comes home. It just reminds me how much we are missing by not having a good means public transportation in my town. I went an entire year with out a car for transportation when we lived overseas and was never as inconvenienced as today. I just hopped on the city bus and got where ever I needed to be. So today I am missing that small bit of luxury that having a working car brings along with a reliable city bus system. Hopefully my car will be back and running in a reliable way again soon. It totally stinks when you are stranded with three small children and stuck waiting for help.

No comments: