Thursday, January 11, 2007

Grocery store gamble

You never know when you have to go the grocery store with young children what the outcome will be. You may win by having the kids on their best behaviour or you just may go bust when they are just not cooperating. Take this morning for example, it really looked like today was my lucky day. But then we got to the dairy aisle. My phone rang and it wasn't someone who normally calls so I thought I'd better find out what was wrong. Well in that short 60 seconds my 4 and 2 year olds put more yogurts in my basket than I could have imagined. Not to mention that it was during the same 60 seconds that my husband called...Oh wow what a mess! That short 60 seconds of distraction on my part took me about 4 minutes of restocking not to mention lots of looks from other shoppers. Mainly older people who found it amusing and other moms with children who were just grateful it wasn't their children this time. So once I restocked the dairy aisle me and my children continued on our with our shopping. Such is the life of a mom with young children in the grocery store.

1 comment:

Nan said...

Isn't it funny when you make it home, are putting away the groceries and find at least one or more things that you didn't put in the basket, actually made it home with you. Like what am I going to do with canned oysters? Yuck!
:^D
Thanks for linking me!
Nan