Friday, May 4, 2007

My sweet uncle

My sweet Uncle Soupy has had a heart attack. He is 82 and up until then has been going full force. He still mows his own very large yard. Him and my aunt Sister still travel around a lot and enjoy each other. When I heard he had a heart attack and they had sent him to the bigger hospital then what his town offered I was surprised. I don't know why, he is 82 after all. Well it turns out he needed a heart bypass (five of them to be exact). After the surgery he had a few more problems so they had to put him on a pacemaker as well. Now he seems to be making some improvement. Hopefully he will be out of the hospital soon and back home. But it just shows me once again how short life is. Watching my Uncle and my Aunt you would never know that they are 82 and 80, not until it's brought to your attention like this. I hope that his recovery will be a smooth and easy one and that it will not take a toll on my aunt as well. They have been such an intricate part of my life. Not just relatives from a distance. I feel for them and the worry that they are each going through. It is hard for them to imagine one of them not being there. After 63 years of marriage I know I would feel the same way.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Wow! 63 years of marriage? What a blessed life!

nicole said...

I'll say a prayer for them both. It is difficult to see active people start to encounter the realities of older age.