Thursday, January 31, 2008

Because I'm really at a loss here

I'm to tired to think of anything interesting to write about. So this is what you get instead. A quiz on the kind of American English I speak.

Your Linguistic Profile:

55% General American English

20% Dixie

20% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern


I can understand all the scores except the 20% Yankee one. I'm not a Yankee and haven't even been further north than Virginia. So how in the world did I score a twenty percent there? I'm curious as to how you guys score, so if you take the quiz let me know.

So then I'm looking at other quizzes to take and I come acorss this one called "What's my Girl Smell"? Well how could I resist that one. I've always been curious about what my girl smell is ya know and here it is:

Your Scent is Mango

Sultry, sweet, and mellow
You enjoy every moment of life!


Mango...never would have guessed that one in a million years. No I was thinking more of the soap smell, wearing the same shirt the kids wiped thier hands on yesterday smell but instead I got mango. I don't even care for mango's that much but apparently it's my smell. Who would have thought it?

So there you have it. My thoughts are not working today so instead you get worthless quizzes and what I think of them. I'm sorry about it, really I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the linguistic one. I was 45% general, 40% dixie, and 10% Yankee.

Beth Cotell said...

I got

45 General American
35 Dixie
10 Yankee
5 Midwestern

I have seen this same test somewhere else before and they tell you what each answer means. Not sure which answer I gave that would give me points for Midwestern!

Don Mills Diva said...

Mango is my very favorite smell ever!