Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day

Today is a snow day for my oldest son. Although technically it is really an ice day since there is hardly any snow to be seen. But such is life in Texas. All the kids have been so cooped up inside for the last week that this day is just an extension of the cabin fever that we are all feeling. The three oldest have all gone outside to play and slide around on the ice and come back in shortly after soaked to the bone and begging for warmth. So now for the rest of the day they will stay inside where it is nice and warm. It wouldn't be so bad if we had the right clothes for them all to go and play in but since we don't I really don't want to risk them all getting sick. It really hasn't been that bad of a time for them. They are all getting along reasonably well and being pretty well behaved. It is just one more small grace from God to be thankful for. A small reminder for us as parents that yes they do have their good days and not only the bad ones. But then again I have been praying for patience in dealing with my children so I will take this to mean that my prayers have been heard and are being answered. So I am off to go and give thanks.

No comments: