Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Preparing for Lent

As I sit here today my mind keeps thinking about how Lent is coming up and how excited I am about that. Which gets me to wondering why am I so excited about Lent? The answer seems obvious, because I will be striving to be closer to our Lord which is something I truly want. Which them makes me wonder, why do I need to wait for Lent to begin before I start trying "even harder" to live as Jesus wants me to. And for the life of me I can't think of why I am waiting. Truly I have baffled myself on this one. So even though technically Lent doesn't begin for another week I have decided to go ahead and start preparing my self spiritually. I will try and devote more than my customary ten minutes in prayer to learning about Jesus. Because let's face it I owe him way more than that. So I am off to pray for forgiveness in being so selfish and spend more time in thankful prayer with the Lord.

No comments: