Thursday, February 15, 2007

Warning Labels

These days there are warning labels on everything. It never ceases to amaze me at the absurdity of some of these warning labels. I mean who really blow dries there hair while taking a bath. I really thought we had reached an all time low when they were putting warning labels on cups of hot coffee stating that :Warning contents may be hot. Use caution. Duh, it's hot coffee. But apparently some people really need these labels to know what to do with every little aspect of their lives. But I have now discovered a new low in warning labels. My husband came home with roses for me on Valentine's Day. Now while I loved them and am still enjoying the beautiful arrangement and fragrance they offer I was shocked by the warning label that came with them. The warning read: Warning these roses are not meant to be eaten! So after a moment of laughing over the absurdity of this particular warning label I just looked at my husband and said Duh! I mean come on society have we become that dimwitted that we actually need to be told not to eat the roses. So I will continue to enjoy my roses but I am being overly cautious not to eat them or let my children eat them. I just hope we will be able to resist the temptation that they are offering us.

No comments: